This week, I am giving you all a Valentine’s Day gift! As a chocoholic, Valentine’s Day is not that much different than any other day of the year, to me. My fiance and I will workout together. I will cook our favorite meal. And I most certainly will eat some chocolate. But, for this Valentine’s Day, I want to share with you all of these things, and then some. 🙂
These are my current LOVES, in no particular order 😉
1. MY FAVORITE LEGGINGS: I know these are not the most affordable everyday leggings, but I have never found a pair of leggings that are more comfortable!! These are soft, not see through. They don’t squeeze a muffin top or saw me in half like a sausage. They stay up when I sit, squat, burpee or bend over, which is a huge win in my book. They come in so many fun colors, some prints, and 3 different lengths. I am a number one buyer of these puppies! Note: if you are going to get sweaty, I don’t suggest light colors. However, I wear these as my casual, everyday, go to leggings – not necessarily my first choice for a sweaty, cardio workout.
2. MY FAVORITE SNEAKERS: I am a tried and true Nike Sneakers girl. My size is always a 9.5, unlike other brands where sometimes I may be a half size different in different styles. I love Nike because they are often simple. They are not a super “busy” sneaker and I love the color options. Plus, as someone who has had foot issues in the past and stands many hours a day training clients, I find comfort in most Nike sneakers, but especially the Nike Pegasus.
3. MY FAVORITE SPORTS BRA: Ok, the ladies are hard to please. While strappy sports bras are all the rage right now, they just don’t cut it for some of my more intense workouts that involve running and jumping. My go to sports bra that keeps the ladies happy during plyometrics and running is the Nike Classic. I know many women complain about uni-boobs and honestly, I would rather make sure they stay put for a workout than ma they king sure are lifted and separated. I also find many high support sports bras to be too restricting. I don’t have a small rib cage, so often, I feel squeezed to death and I don’t find that comfortable. This bra also offers a level of coverage I am most comfortable with. Not low cut for cleavage and not a high neck which makes me feel like I’m suffocating (that’s just me!). Also, I workout with a tank top on, so for those of you that wear only a sports bra, my opinion may not matter. 😉
4. MY FAVORITE MEAL: I love food and I have many favorite meals, but my fiance ALWAYS chooses this meal when I let him request a favorite. I grew up with variations of this from my Momma because she served amazing breaded chicken and NYC <3 always serves amazing arugala salads, so I do both for this meal. This isn’t supposed to be a diet meal I’m sharing, though it can be made many ways, some more healthy than others. Whether you cook them in oil on the stove or baked in the oven like the following recipe, my biggest tip is that you salt your seasonings! Breaded chicken with no flavor is for the birds.
BREADED CHICKEN CUTLETS (I’ll add the photo after I cook this on Valentine’s Day, xo)
- Season Breading – panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper, paprika, parmesan cheese
- Season Eggs – salt, pepper
- Dip chicken cutlets in eggs, then breading, then place on non-stick pan.
- Spray cutlets with non-stick olive oil spray to help them get crispy!
- Bake at 350 degrees, 20-30 min depending on thickness. They should turn golden brown. Sometimes, I flip them toward the end but not necessary.
Serve with Arugala Salad
- Olive oil, juice of a lemon, salt, pepper
- Top with shaved parmesan cheese
Place cutlet over salad, squirt with fresh lemon if desired, Enjoy!!!
5. MY FAVORITE DESSERT: While I love chocolate dipped strawberries, pineapple, banana and apples, I’m going to give you the link one of my simple, favorites. Cookie Cake!!! This is kid friendly and can be enjoyed for any special occasion! The recipe calls for a skillet. I change the temperature to 350 degrees and bake it for 35 minutes in a 9×9 pan.
6. And finally, MY FAVORITE WORKOUT! This workout is great whether you are gung-ho to workout or even better if your aren’t totally “in the mood” yet. 😉 Plus, you can do it single or with your boo!
- 30 seconds work / 15 seconds rest
- 30 minutes, continuous
- Treadmill sprint (or cardio of choice)
- Squat Press
- Side Shuffles (or bodyweight cardio of choice)
- Kettlebell swings
So, there you go. Those are a few of my favorite things when it comes to Food, Fitness & Wardrobe!
I’d love to hear if you liked this style blog and if you try any of these products, workouts, or recipes!
- Contact me at email@example.com.
- Follow me on instagram @leece11.
- Friend me on Facebook at Lisa Marie!
As always, thank you for coming by!